• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped parsley
• 2 pounds thin asparagus, ends trimmed
• Fleur de sel or coarse sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. Line a large jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a small pot, heat the oil, garlic, onion powder, and parsley on medium-low heat. Cook for 3 minutes, until the garlic mixture is fragrant but not browned.
3. Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the prepared pan. Lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle on the garlic-oil mixture.
4. Roast for 8-10 minutes, until the asparagus are bright green; do not overcook.
5. Transfer to a platter and serve hot.